Thursday, September 9, 2010

Enjoying the Holiday

It's Friday and its a holiday.  Hurray!!!I came home from Davao late last night.  Long road trips are tiresome and this is one of those trips.  The trip took longer than we expected because of unnecessary stops.  It was good that after the BUDA Quarantine stop, our team decided to go ahead rather than wait for the other vehicle in our convoy. Taking stress-laden work travels always make me long for home as soon as I get to the workshop venue.  Although I often grumble and complain on this and that, I always do my part and follow through my commitment for the project.  Even my Director commented that I am very passionate with the project.

I enjoy traveling especially if its paid by the office.  Although the work when you get to the destination is stressful, being away from the 4 corners of the office is a relief.  I've limited my travels to conduct of trainings and less on project monitoring because of Gabby.  I want to be home for the kids as much as I can.  Before I got pregnant last year, I'm often on the road Monday to Friday and whenever I get home on Friday nights, I marvel on my kids' progress and feel guilty of all the new things that I missed.  I got the chance to see Gabby use the walker this morning and saw how delighted she is with the contraption.  My children are growing up so fast and everyday Edwin and I miss a part of their development.  The price we pay for working parents.

Although its a holiday, Edwin is at work for the early part of the morning to meet JSR at the airport.  The downside of  being in government service is that you are not exempted from working on a holiday or the weekends.  True civil servants are over worked,  underpaid and over taxed.  Senate hearings on the extravagant GOCC bonuses and salaries make me sad because our meager incentives in the office have to go through strict audit and review by COA and these incentives are taxed accordingly so that we cannot be accused of cheating the government.  But here comes these GOCC executives who do not feel any remorse from receiving extravagant bonuses while the rest of the Filipino people suffer in poverty and in hunger.

Its already lunch and I haven't cooked yet.  Better end my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment