Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Anxieties over Rationalization

I thought that when the Rationalization Plan will be implemented in my office, I will have the chance to be promoted to a higher position.  Instead the constant revisions and changes in the organogram resulted in my displacement because the Planning Division positions were not enough for all the present staff.  It was fortunate that my plantilla was originally with AMAD and I was placed to my original division.  Although I am ecstatic that I will be working with Jenny and Butyak in AMAD, I will feel like an outsider because for how many years I have been with PD.  But I do not back down from a challenge and working with people instead of numbers for a change will be refreshing.  Other employees also share my sentiments because a number of us will be displaced.  What is depressing is that for now we will retain our present positions and unless we pass the Aggie Licensure Exam, we cannot be promoted.  Gone are my dreams of better finances.

There is also the possibility of Edwin being booted out of DA when the plan is implemented because he is not a college graduate.  Honestly, Edwin and I have mixed feelings about it.  For sure, we will lose Edwin's much needed salary and the money to pay for our DAMPC and GSIS debts.  But Edwin will be freed from the anxieties and demands of bosses and he won't have to be subjected to certain abuses of authority.  You see, Edwin is much too kind for the evils of authority.  I want to shield him from those who want to take advantage of his kindness.  I'd want to suffer those evils for him and keep him safe. Love will then be my armor.

Edwin and I even share jokes about his possible exit from DA.  I'm fortunate that Edwin is skilled and does well with his hands.  I bet he can earn more than his present salary if take in repair jobs.  He is even eager to start our carenderia and spare parts planned business because he won't be limited anymore by the demands of the office.  Edwin will be readily available to the kids who are competing with me for his attention.  Even Gabby is into the fray. 

Edwin and I are both positive that even if the DA door closes, God will open a window.  I am praying that this window will even be bigger than the door.  We will rise above all the challenges and come out much more stronger and probably more financially secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment