Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Distractions

I've been distracted lately and I have not been in top form for work these past few weeks.  I've been sick in more times than I can count since June and its affecting my work.  Worrying about our finances has also been causing me insomnia.  The good thing about my insomnia is that I'm awake to take my daughters' temperatures at dawn and alert enough to give them their medicines while Edwin is resting.  But Edwin is worried about me and urging me not to worry too much about money and things.  I can't help but worry.  Our monthly expenses are way above our salary.  Edwin and I had to take out loans from GSIS, Pag-Ibig and our coop to augment our income so that we can pay the bills and buy food and milk.  Jianna's therapy is also a big dent in the budget.  Edwin and I have decided to take Jianna out of therapy and enroll her in a regular nursery school.  We are praying that by letting her enroll in regular school, she'll get over her speech difficulties because she gets to interact with other kids.

I often stay awake at nights and worry where to get the next money to pay for therapy, CEPALCO and wages for the yayas.  My excessive worry is triggering my depression and I sometimes just want to escape it all.  Edwin is also worried but I worry more than enough for the both of us.  Hope came this Monday when our association head announced that the office will be implementing the Rat Plan.  I'm hopeful that with the implementation, I can get promoted and get a higher position that offers a better salary.  Money may not be everything in this world but having money sure does helps me sleep better at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment