Monday, August 16, 2010

Basketball, Jogging and Gym

I'm still in the office waiting for Edwin to get back from playing basketball with his ball buddies.  I've already been to Divisoria to buy Gabby's milk and rubber nipples.  Wanting to surprise Ate, I bought a dozen of Dunkin Donuts for her and Jianna to enjoy.  Edwin and I may not have the extra cash to indulge our daughters in material things but we make sure that they never lack of the things that we feel are important and should be a priority in our family budget.  As much I want to buy my children fancy toys and fashionable clothes, I compensate by providing them with the love that no money can buy.  December is just but 4 months away and with God's blessing, our extra office bonus might be big enough for indulging in material wants.  After paying all the obligations, of course.

Basketball keeps Edwin fit and seeing how his protruding tummy bothers him, I let him play all he wants.  He used to go on early morning jog at Greenhills in Bulua with Reyan and Rhandy so that he has enough lung power for playing ball.  But when the rain season and the cold mornings came, waking up early was a sacrifice and he had to literally wake himself up to jog.  Although he has not taken up the jogging routine again, he makes sure he gets to play at least once a week. 

Edwin was also encouraged by Rhandy and Reyan to go to the gym.  He did try and paid for a month worth of gym hours.  He used to go to the gym after office hours and after waiting for his boss to go home.  He may have liked to continue to go to the gym but because he knows that I am adamantly against it,  he opted not to renew his membership.  I can't explain it but I get jealous whenever he goes to the gym.  I have a very warped sense of imagination and my imagination fueled my jealousy.  Thinking back about it now made me realize how selfish and immature I was about Edwin going to the gym.  Even Kenneth repeatedly told me that I have no cause to get jealous because Edwin is only at the gym to sweat and exercise.  Besides, he said, if I want to see for myself what really goes on the gym, I can always enroll seeing that I need the gym services more that Edwin does.   Frank friends can really be a pain at times.

Anyway, Edwin still hasn't arrived from wherever they are playing and I'm already hungry.  I've already eaten one donut and thinking about eating another.  Edwin better be back or else I will eat the whole box.  Better eat the banana instead, its healthier and non fattening.

No comments:

Post a Comment